Customer service excellence
Optimal customer service with Game-Based Learning
Achieve customer contact that makes a difference? The use of Game-Based Learning gives a substantial and powerful boost to customer satisfaction and all underlying KPIs.
“The results are astounding. Both our existing and new employees are much better able to perform their work due to the Game, convert better, experience much more job satisfaction and feel more connected to OHRA.”
“The Champs Game quickly prepared our agents for the peak months. We see that groups with a higher activity in the game perform better on customer satisfaction. The learning effect is clear; the knowledge is reproduced faster and better.”
Higher customer satisfaction and better results
By implementing Game principles in the learning and development process of customer service employees, objectives related to customer satisfaction are achieved faster. Our Games are suitable for improving the following KPI’s:
- Netto Promoters Score (NPS). With the use of our Games, customer satisfaction demonstrably increases and the NPS gets a boost to a permanently higher level;
- First Call Resolution (FCR). By focusing on knowledge levels in the Game, employees are more often able to solve customer questions directly (and without the intervention of second-line colleagues), which customers experience as pleasant and helpful;
- Average Handling Time (AHT). In addition to knowledge levels, system knowledge is also decisive for customer satisfaction. By managing the adoption of CRM tooling in the Game, employees are able to find information more quickly for answering customer questions. Helping the customer in less time also means: handling more customer contact with the same number of employees;
Our Games are implemented with a theme appropriate to your organization and have a seamless integration with your most important KPI’s, so that they fully match your service objectives. Thanks to real-time performance management, the progress around the KPI’s can be closely monitored.
Making employees multi-deployable
From service-oriented to sales-oriented service
A transition from service-oriented employees to sales-oriented service employees is visible at many companies. For example, employees who previously only provided service and support are now more often required to recognize customer signals and to apply cross- and up-selling. By gaining product knowledge and sales skills in our Games, they are more likely to spot opportunities and offer customers a better or additional product or service package.
Personal communication on different platforms
The fact that more and more contact takes place digitally is also reflected in an increased customer interaction via e-mail, chat, WhatsApp and social media channels. Our Games facilitate this “digital thinking” by enabling employees to:
- Move customers towards digital solutions as much as possible, such as online troubleshoots, advice tools and comparable self-service methods;
- To become proficient in both direct and indirect customer channels, with a personal and empathetic touch in customer contact with a digital character.
Act as a corporate / brand ambassador
Game-Based Learning lays a solid foundation for transferring a unique brand experience, which is a reflection of your company values, mission and vision. It also ensures that agents communicate as an extension of the organization, or optimally represent the company or brand.
More connectedness, also when working digitally (together)
Traditionally, the customer service industry has to contend with high turnover rates. Causes for the turnover include that customer service employees do not feel sufficiently connected with colleagues and the organization in general, do not know what is expected of them and lack personal guidance.
This reinforces the call to invest in the professional knowledge and skills of personnel. In times of structural working from home, however, coaching and training customer service employees proves to be quite a challenge. Also because traditional training and management methods are often not sufficient (anymore) to keep up with the pace of change.
Straightforward, fun and effective
Game-Based Learning aims to collaborate in an uncomplicated manner and allows participants to learn about the KPIs / objectives in a playful way, with which the causes of the problems are tackled professionally (and in a fun way!).
In addition, it is a powerful instrument for transferring your core values, also when working from the home situation. Both components are crucial for the employability and satisfaction of your employees and result in higher staff retention and better employee and customer satisfaction.
The Games provide internal connection
Games are a very effective method to create more connection within your organization among both existing and new employees. Different teams within the games ensure a closer mutual bond and mutual understanding between the employees. This has a positive effect on the willingness for change and ensures optimal cooperation between seniors and new entrants, even after the Game has been completed.
The statistics of our ACE! Platform
Our ACE! Platform is deployed in different countries and we support multiple languages. We are proud that our games are played simultaneously by thousands of employees from different companies worldwide. From our offices in Amsterdam we are constantly working on improvements and changes so that we can respond well to the needs of our customers.
ACE! Platform users
Schedule a demo
Do you want to know how Game-Based Learning can help your organization to improve?
The three pillars of our Games
1. Real-time monitoring for quality purposes
Based on clear reports, managers of customer contact centers can easily and real-time consult statistics and follow the progress within the Game environment. The progress measurement is transparent per individual as well as at meta level; ideal for Quality Monitoring.
Common customer cases and questions are a perfect starting point for knowledge questions and practical assignments. Here employees can be tested in a safe environment for their competences (empathic ability, speed of action, goal orientation, etc.)
We also keep an eye on things. We share the most important developments in our weekly reports. In addition, we work with various activation strategies towards a 100% participant registration.
2. Standard software, Customized content
At AtHand we look at Game-Based Learning very pragmatically. By means of standard software with customized content, we make our Games affordable, accessible, quickly deployable and scalable.
Its success is determined by the content of the Game. The process to deliver a customized game is as follows:
- AtHand supplies clear and user-friendly templates in which you are instructed on how to ask good, targeted questions in the Game environment. We share clear guidelines for delivery;
- Based on guided content sessions, we ensure that the content matches your business objectives and the chosen Game theme;
- By designating someone internally as Game-Manager or Game-Master, it is possible to make changes to the content and/or add new participants without the intervention of an IT specialist;
- Refer in the Game to existing knowledge bases, e-learning and other digital, internal knowledge sources to make this information more adaptable and to use it in an effective way.
3. Accessibility has priority
Our Games are accessible in multiple ways:
- Accessible anytime, anywhere. The learning modules are digital and accessible on desktop, tablet and smartphone. In addition to a working internet connection, the user only needs a URL to get started with the Game;
- No expensive investments required. An additional advantage of our cloud-based approach is that you do not have to make any investments for IT systems yourself;
- Everyone can play. The learning modules have an accessible, intuitive design and are therefore suitable for young and old.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Game Based Learning a guarantee for successful Customer excellence improvements?
Game Based Learning can best be described as “a turbo on learning and performance”, which – just like the turbo on your car – gives a speed boost when the basics are right. To make customer excellence through Game Based Learning a success, at least a number of preconditions must be met. For example, the necessary IT systems must function properly and employees must have mastered some basic processes and activities. Apart from that, but no less important: employees must feel supported in their growth and learning process.
We are convinced that a successful Game Based Learning process arises from intrinsic motivation. We help you to realize and strengthen this drive and to map out the preconditions for an effective use of Gamification.
At AtHand we only start projects when we are convinced that, together with our client, we will achieve measurable and structural success. Organizations must be able to measure improvements and AtHand will incorporate those KPI’s into the Games.
Is a Game Based Learning process of 4 to 6 weeks sufficient for a structural effect?
A Game Based Learning process works optimally when it is set up as a learning sprint of several weeks with a daily interaction moment. This learning sprint should be repeated after a few weeks, with adjusted content and objectives, resulting in a completely new game experience. We recommend to add additional game elements after a few weeks to repeat the tale-outs from the first Game -period and to emphasize the most important learnings. In this way, our Game Based Learning approach provides structural learning effects. Our ACE! Platform is designed to facilitate these learning cycles.
Are the Games only aimed at strengthening knowledge?
In our Games, displaying behavior and skills is generally more heavily rewarded than displaying knowledge. Sometimes, however, knowledge is an end in itself, such as when supporting periodic education or the transfer of product or compliance knowledge.
How does Game Based Learning connect with our existing knowledge, audit (s) and coaching systems?
The measured results of existing audits, mystery shopping or quality monitoring increase significantly when you “convert” them into a Game score. Something that is normally experienced as a control moment feels like an opportunity to score. In combination with proactive, concrete and positive coaching, the long-term effect of this is enhanced.
What is the technical impact of a Game?
In consultation, AtHand also develops links with existing reporting systems, e-learning platforms or a so-called Single Sign On. In general, these are tailor-made processes that can be realized within a few weeks.
What about privacy and security?
To convert KPIs into a Game score, the Game Manager receives all KPIs to be processed via an extra secure server connection. All data is stored encrypted at this location during a game and destroyed after the game. Our Games have been developed in accordance with the international OWASP top 10 standard and are also monitored as such. This means that all important and known international security risks are covered and that we comply with the GDPR standards. Our security standard is regularly tested by means of so-called pen tests.
BlackBerry – DoJo
Nokia/Navteq – Map Makers Society
Dutch Game Awards
KPN – The Fiber Game